Support & Maintenance Agreement
Services not considered 'standard website maintenance' are subject to be charged at a regular hourly rate of R450/hour, and will not be considered part of this contract. The minimum charge for WordPress updates is R450 for one hour. Optional extras for content updates & on-page SEO are charged at R400 per hour thereafter.
What IS included in this agreement:
- Consultation and guidance on the use of the website. We're here should you need us for consultation and advice. We're not just experts in building websites, we are also experts in the web. We're aware of what other sites are doing and what is possible. We will share what we have learnt from other projects and from the industry at large. You can then decide which of these ideas apply to your business.
- A backup of your site is made prior to any work undertaken so that it may be fully restored in case of loss.
- We will check your website functionality to ensure that everything is working as it should. Today's rich Internet experience is only possible because of functionality plugins. Some plugins work independently of your website's content and files, just adding a little something special to the page. Others require modification of content and files, including changes to your database. Plugins may need upgrading to accommodate the newer version, or become obsolete with the improvements in the website software. If an upgrade requires a new licence or an existing licence to be renewed we will advise the client of this prior to continuing with the upgrade.
- We will update plugins, theme files and WordPress Core to the latest versions & test that all is functioning as expected after the update.
- We will edit, revise, update or create new textual/minor graphical content, where briefed to do so. Minor updates should not exceed more than 50% of the content on any single site page.
- On-page SEO such as Meta tags (title, description, keywords), alt tag, h1, h2, h3.
- Hacking is a growing concern for online businesses. As attacks adapt and become ever more sophisticated by the day, it is more important than ever to take measures to protect your website against hidden viruses and malicious software. Stay Rad WordPress Websites will make sure you have the defences you need, utilising the latest security software to prevent hackers from gaining access to your site. A full system scan will be run at every update.
- Downtime is highly inconvenient for any website owner and when it happens it is important to have someone on hand to help. We can assist you by liaising with the hosting company to sort out the situation as quickly as possible.
What is NOT included in this agreement:
- Website redesign, re-alignment or re-development equalling more than 50% change to web page, website, web graphics on the website (i.e. 4 graphics on website, and you want 3 changed, there is an additional hourly charge for anything above 2, meaning 50%)
- CMS design or integration including but not limited to blogs, shopping carts and web forums. These require a separate design agreement.
- Plugins may need upgrading to accommodate the newer version or have a renewable subscription software licence. In this case, the cost of the software licence will be invoice for separately.
Stay Rad WordPress Websites will provide Client with minor updates to the website for the duration selected at the end of this contract. The contract will be paid on a COD basis with the payment due as soon as initial work is complete.
For the duration of this contract, the Client agrees that Stay Rad WordPress Websites will be the sole provider of maintenance services for the website, and no other party will have access to or rights to change the website. If a party other than Stay Rad WordPress Websites makes changes to the website, any errors that are created must be repaired and will be charged for at the hourly rate specified above.
Deadlines & Deliverables:
Stay Rad WordPress Websites will respond to all maintenance requests from Client within 24-hours on weekdays and 48-hours on weekends, via email with a confirmation that the request was received, and will provide an estimated completion date for each action item in the request. Maintenance requests received after 17:00 GMT may not be completed until the next business day unless prior arrangements have been made. Most work will be done within this time frame, this is mostly precautionary.
Stay Rad WordPress Websites will adhere to all quoted deadlines for the deliverables in the maintenance requests at all possible costs. In the event that Stay Rad WordPress Websites has any issues in delivering on a quoted deadline, Client will be notified via email the reasoning for any change.
Any revisions, additions or redesigns the Client requests Stay Rad WordPress Websites to perform that is not specified in this document shall be considered "additional" and will require separate agreement and payment. Stay Rad WordPress Websites will advise the Client on any requested work that falls within these bounds.
The Client confirms having the authority to enter into this contract on behalf of the Client, the Client's Company or Organisation or on behalf of the Client's client.
Client hereby authorises Stay Rad WordPress Websites to access their web hosting account, providing active administration username / password combinations for access to the server via FTP, assuring that 'write permissions' are in place on said hosting provider.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa applicable therein.